Adelaide’s Metropolitan Fire Service says the blaze was sparked by a faulty compressor, which triggered alarms and the automatic sprinkler system.
The plant was forced to shut down for about 90 minutes while workers were evacuated and the fire department extinguished the blaze, bringing production of The Advertiser to a temporary halt. No one was injured in the blaze.
The Advertiser, one of Australia’s oldest newspapers with 145 years in print, has a daily circulation of 204,502
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter