Out of home Q1 revenue increases

The Out of Home (OOH) industry has a net media revenue increase of 5.7 per cent for Q1, from $176.1m to $186.7m.

In January, revenue grew 12.4 per cent, then 2.7 per cent in February and 3.6 per cent year-on-year in March to $73.2m.

Classic billboard revenue is at 55.6 per cent with the remaining 44.4 per cent digital, which has grown from 36 per cent for the same period last year.

[Related: Outdoor media tracking up]

Charmaine Moldrich, CEO, OMA says, “OOH’s continuing growth in the first quarter of 2017 confirms it is the “TRADIGITAL” channel that is taking on the future, and investing in technology is one of the drivers of this success.

“OOH can connect advertisers with their audiences anywhere, anytime, whether via a traditional Outdoor poster or a digital screen. Unlike other media channels, OOH can’t be blocked, it can be measured, and it reaches real people when they are out and about in an active state of mind.”

For Q1, roadside billboards (over and under 25 square metres) made a revenue of $77.3m, up $10m from the previous year. Roadside other, such as street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format, came in at $51m, transport (including airports) revenue came in at $29.5m and retail, lifestyle and other made a revenue of $28.9m.

The OOH industry finished 2016 with a 15.8 per cent increase, taking the industry’s net media revenue to a record high of $789.5m, up from $682.1m in 2015.

The OMA is the peak industry body which represents most of Australia's outdoor media display companies and production facilities, and some media display asset owners.

Comment below to have your say on this story.

If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at [email protected]  

Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter

Leave a comment:

Your email address will not be published. All fields are required

Advertisement

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Advertisement