Ball & Doggett, Australia’s largest distributor of printable materials and consumables, has a full-time position available within its sign, display and digital team based in Dandenong South, Melbourne VIC.
Reporting directly to Ball & Doggett’s national manager, equipment & service – sign, display & digital, in this role you will manage the following:
- Assist with installation, support, maintenance, and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment, software and finishing equipment for the print industry, focusing on wide format print equipment.
- Work collaboratively with service coordinator and OEM/vendors to identify and solve problems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical/electronic equipment, including identifying root causes and implementing solutions.
- Understand and interpret electrical schematics and other technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of IO modules and PLCs to aid in troubleshooting.
- Communicate effectively with customers and team members to ensure timely completion of service work.
- Participate in any required OEM training/certification requirements and internal training opportunities to develop skills and knowledge.
You will ideally be someone who has:
- Relevant Electrical / Mechanical qualifications. Basic understanding of electrical schematics. (Familiarity with IO modules and PLCs preferred)
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical/electronic equipment
- Understanding of wide format applications and associated consumables
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- The ability to build internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Extensive training will be provided to the successful candidate, along with support and guidance in responding to customer enquiries and special requirements. Experience in the paper, packaging and printing industry would be advantageous.
In return, Ball & Doggett will help you to grow your career in a genuinely supportive, multi-national company. The company offers a flexible, friendly and empowered work environment, free parking, great colleagues and leaders who are respected throughout our industry, and the opportunity to make a difference in its growing business.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a National Police Check and pre-employment medical, including a Drug & Alcohol test.
To apply, click here.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter