Durst Group installs one of the biggest solar panel plants in South Tyrol

Durst Group, manufacturer of advanced digital printing and production technologies, has installed a state-of-the-art solar panel plant at its headquarters in Brixen, Italy.

The company said this initiative is part of its ongoing sustainability efforts and commitment to reducing its carbon footprint. 

The new solar panel plant, one of the biggest in South Tyrol, has a capacity of 1,569 KWp / 1.57 MWp and is expected to generate over 1,700,000 KWh / 1,700 MWh of energy annually.

This corresponds approximately to the electricity demand of 550 single-family households and more than 50 per cent of the energy demand of Durst Brixen.

The installation consists of 3,410 modules, two separate plants, and 14 inverters.

“Following our installation of a solar panel plant at our production site in Lienz/Austria in 2022, we are thrilled to have installed now one of the biggest solar panel plants in South Tyrol at our headquarters in Brixen,” Durst Group CEO Christoph Gamper said. 

“Our commitment to sustainability is a core value at Durst, and this new installation is a testament to that commitment. We are proud to take this important step towards reducing our carbon footprint and making a positive impact on the environment.”

Durst said the plant will produce 70 per cent of the generated energy for direct self-consumption, while the remaining 30 per cent will be available for feed-in or future storage solution. The technology used includes power optimisers by Solaredge that maintain the performance of a series of modules even in the presence of partial shading or pollution.

The project, which was executed by Leitner Electro, took six months to complete, including a winter/bad weather break. Stadtwerke Brixen provided friendly support for the project.

Comment below to have your say on this story.

If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at editorial@sprinter.com.au.  

Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter

Leave a comment:

Your email address will not be published. All fields are required


Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.