Compose will use drupa to release many new additions and upgrades to their product range, the three most significant being the JDF options for Express WorkFlow; second, Express ColorFlow, a new low-cost proofing workflow solution; and third, a major new version of Star Proof.
Ideal for increasing productivity, reliability and ease-of-use in CTP workflows, Express WorkFlow is an affordable, modular solution for end-to-end automation of prepress operations. Handling both PDF and raster workflow, Express WorkFlow has an intuitive user interface and browser-based job control in the standard product and offers over 20 add-on modular functions including ROOM proofing, post-RIP imposition, media optimisation and remote printing and proofing.
At drupa, Compose will release several new modules for Express WorkFlow:
* JDF: Provides JDF support for job tracking, press profiles and instructions for cutting, folding and creasing machines.
* RealTimeImage: Provides a dynamic link to a RealTimeImage server to deliver low and high res images for client proofing and approval.
* InkDuct: Creates CIP3 files to optimise ink usage and quality on the press – so reducing make ready times.
* Back2Back: For precision double-sided printing on high-end inkjets
Express ColorFlow – low-cost workflow for digital printing and proofing
Based on Compose System’s popular Express WorkFlow, the new Express ColorFlow is a modular, low-cost proofing workflow solution. Express ColorFlow offers ease of use for workflow setup, management and tracking with DI Proof for digital ROOM proofing, Back2Back for precision double-sided printing on Epson printers and facilities for delivering soft proofs to clients. Priced from around 5,000 Euros including the Color Express RIP, Express ColorFlow is an attractive new option which will give print companies and design shops improved productivity and reliability in their digital printing and proofing operations.
Star Proof 4 – new colour management and features for packaging applications
Available as a stand-alone application or as an Express WorkFlow module, Star Proof is a Mac OS X ROOM proofing solution for producing contract quality proofs up to 200lpi on large format inkjets and colour proofers. Star Proof uses the unique hard dot generation techniques of Actual Dot 2 to recreate actual dot patterns and rosettes of original separations – even including defects such as moire patterns.
At drupa, Compose will release Star Proof version 4 which includes ICS2, a new colour management engine offering automated fingerprinting and colour matching using standard X-Rite analysis of colour strips. Star proof 4 also provides new features for packaging applications with special calibrations and distortions for flexo printing.
More from Compose at drupa
* Raster PrintStation – the Compose output device controller – will have new features for page rotation/cropping and improved tiling and step & repeat
* Upgraded imposition products – PRI Station and PDFimposition
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter