FESPA has published the programme for its first Personalisation Experience conference, which features the psychology and behavioural science that makes personalisation so appealing, the commercial value of personalisation, and how digital transformation, technology and software solutions enable customisation.
To be held from 23 to 25 May 2023 at Messe Munich, the conference will be moderated by FESPA’s personalisation ambassador, Richard Askam.
Askam was one of the creative brains behind the ShareACoke campaign for Coca-Cola and has worked on several personalised marketing campaigns for brands including Marmite, Nutella, Lynx and Dove.
“Consumer demand for personalised, instant, and augmented experiences has increased over the last years and brands that have embraced personalisation have sharpened their competitive edge and increased their market share. That’s why, with our first-ever Personalisation Experience conference, we want to help delegates grasp the commercial value of personalisation and demonstrate how they can seize the exciting opportunities it presents in the industries they’re active in,” FESPA head of marketing and events Duncan MacOwan said.
“We’re delighted to have a really strong line-up of international speakers from different sectors and backgrounds who will share real-life business cases, insights and actionable advice with our visitors.”
Confirmed sessions, which will be hosted in English, include:
- Why you need to rethink personalisation: In this session, customer and retail expert Peter Cross will delve into the mindset of the modern consumer and why it’s time for the industry to start taking personalisation seriously. He will talk about consumer expectations and why it’s essential to build meaningful customer relationships to differentiate your brand.
- For the Youngest Generations, Gen Z and Gen A, Personalisation is Everything: Author and Gen Z/A expert Chloe Combi will examine who the youngest generations are and how they engage with and maintain a close relationship with brands, explaining why a personalised approach is central to this.
- The Cocktail Party – Understanding the Customer Journey: The Foundation of Effective Personalisation: Hear from Natura & Co personalisation consultant Gianfranco Cuzziol as he explores the power of personalisation in marketing and how it can be harnessed to drive customer engagement and loyalty. He will examine the importance of understanding the customer journey, and delve into the key components of a customer data strategy.
- People, Planet, Profit – How All Can Benefit from Print Personalisation: Find out how Tony’s Chocolonely’s personalisation service is driving sales and customer loyalty, opening up new market sectors and delivering key brand partnerships in this session with Tony’s Chocolonely UK digital sales and experience manager Hannah Green.
- From Industry 4.0 to Industry 4.U – Next Generation Customisation & Personalisation – In this keynote, RWTH Aachen University professor of management Frank Piller explains the key components of Industry 4.U, how new data-driven business models can take customisation and personalisation to the next level, and how pioneering companies are using Industry 4.U to create new business models.
- Sending Emotions for Next Day Delivery – How Personalised Gifting Connects – Hear from Greetz and Konrad Klimkowicz innovation manager, physical product and process and Moonpig innovation project manager Sabine Huijskes about how companies can integrate emotionally charged and single-item personalisation into a fast-paced operational production environment and finding the right balance between innovation and order fulfilment efficiency.
- Personalisation and Creativity – In this keynote, Ogilvy UK head of offline production Justin Cairns covers award-winning case studies showing how creativity can take personalisation in print to the next level and that personal data isn’t always necessary to make a big impact.
Speakers from brands including ProQure, Printful, Landa Digital Printing, Ipsos, Printess and Canon will also explore topics such as the behavioural science behind personalisation; the power of print in a personalised world; driving impact and customer loyalty through content; and the technology and businesses models making personalisation accessible.
Alongside the individual speaker sessions will be a series of “in conversation with” sessions led by Askam who will be joined by consumer and tech experts, retailers and manufacturers.
The full Personalisation Experience conference schedule can be found here.
The Personalisation Experience conference will run alongside an experiential exhibition space, where visitors can explore the personalisation-enabling solutions from suppliers, including Antigro Designer, Brother, DreamScape, Infigo, OKI, Optimus, Printbox, Print & Logistics, Taopix and XMPie.
A three-day pass for the Personalisation Experience conference area will be priced at €495 ($819), giving delegates unlimited access to the conference, the Personalisation Experience exhibition area, and the co-located FESPA Global Print Expo and European Sign Expo 2023 exhibitions. To receive €50 ($82.71) off your ticket up until the event, visitors can use code PERA500. There is no need to pre-book individual sessions.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter