The new CtServer (version 5.0) is a Windows-based software application, capable of accepting industry standard 1 bit TIFF files.
Peter Wilkens, ECRM VP worldwide marketing, says, “The CtServer application is the interface between workflow systems, rips and ECRM output devices. We’ve developed the product to make integrating and connecting ECRM devices fast and painless, by providing a simple network connection.”
By controlling all aspects of the output and media handling of the recorder, CtServer 5.0 enables workflow and rip software to operate in a highly efficient manner.
CtServer 5.0 provides full control of the available features on all ECRM film and metal CTP imaging devices, enabling users to define job and queue properties, such as:
• Specification of image positioning, media cut and punch information.
• Image manipulation functions such as cropping and rotation.
• Specification of required media for the job and the number of copies.
• Modification of individual job properties.
• Ability to view a job as received or preview a job as it will appear on the film or plate.
• File management features enable users to pause, delete, re-run or change the job priority settings of individual jobs or a selection of multiple jobs.
Wilkens says, “The new CtServer software has been launched at an important time for ECRM. Our CTP products are growing in popularity and CtServer 5.0 supports our established products, as well as our new line of automated CTP solutions and future releases”.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter