Epson has launched its WorkForce Enterprise AM-Series, a sustainable, feature-rich range of business colour copiers which include the Piezo Heat-Free inkjet technology at its core.
Epson said the new 40-60ppm multi-function devices represents a significant shift in its printing strategy, fully supporting its commitment to sustainability and coinciding with the company’s recent announcement of its ¥100 billion ($1 billion) investment into sustainable innovation.
The launch of the new WorkForce Enterprise AM-Series accentuates laser technology’s limited ability to make significant steps towards improved sustainability due to its ongoing requirement for heat during the print process and relative increased energy use.
This combined with fewer moving and consumable parts to replace over the lifetime of the printer compared to lasers means the service and maintenance needs of Epson inkjets are substantially reduced, along with resulting printer downtime improving productivity and user satisfaction.
The new WorkForce Enterprise AM-Series now completes Epson’s business inkjet line up from small workgroup units to high-speed production machines.
With a full range of support from Managed Print Service and Print Admin packages through to Remote Service solutions, these products offer a low maintenance, high quality, reliable, sustainable print system, according to Epson.
Features of the machine include:
• Most compact footprint in class and significantly reduced weight
• Modular design with the ability to upgrade the device as your office applications change over time
• 10.1-inch (25.65 cm) interface panel – smarter and more intuitive with eco print settings
• Simple and easy to use with auto paper size detection and self-closing paper cassettes
• Easy loading, compact high-capacity ink cartridges
• 2,000 sheet paper cassette capacity
• Reduce downtime – Designed for easy internal access and quick and efficient routine maintenance
• 60ppm / 120 ipm scan capability and optional OCR feature
• Optional inner finisher – compact and space saving to compile and staple documents. Also available with optional hole punch
• Optional booklet outer finisher – to provide stapling, hole punching, saddle stitching, and centre and tri folding
• Open platform for compatibility with supported MPS providers and ISVs
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter