Global visual communications company Canva has updated its valuation to US$15 billion following a US$71 million investment. One of the fastest growing businesses, Canva surpassed $500 million in annualised revenue this year.
Canva said its surge in valuation is a direct result of the rapidly growing adoption from teams and workplaces across the globe as the company surpasses more than 55 million monthly active users and achieves a 130 per cent year-over-year increase in annualised revenue.
The company also said it has rapidly become the “collaboration platform of choice” for millions of teams and workplaces in more than 190 countries.
Presentations have become the company’s fastest-growing use case, with more than 250 million created to date and 85 per cent of Fortune 500 companies embracing Canva.
The company has also launched a suite of new features for its flagship workplace product, Canva Presentations.
“Now more than ever, teams and workplaces around the world need scalable, collaborative and easy-to-use visual communication products to empower them to achieve their goals,” Canva co-founder and CEO, Melanie Perkins said.
“The launch of Presentations gives workplaces of all sizes a unique, flexible collaboration product that makes work feel like play. I’m incredibly proud of our rapidly growing global team as we work together to empower the world to design.”
Canva’s suite of Presentation products include:
- Workplace Templates – From business plans, to pitch decks, training manuals, and status trackers, anyone can create a polished presentation.
- Talking Presentations – Now teams can record a presenter video that accompanies each slide and helps land every point, every time.
- Canva Live – Now you can engage the audience anywhere in the world with live Q&A displayed on the screen during the session.
- Mobile-First Presentations – Teams can create a deck, share it, comment and review from anywhere.
- Magic Shortcuts – From “C” for streaming confetti to “D” for a live drumroll, presentations have been made more interesting.
- Charts and Infographics – Visualise complex information with beautifully crafted infographics and animated charts; live data integrations coming soon.
Most recently, Canva teamed up with Snap Print and Design in Australia in the transformation of the digital design-to-print experience.
This collaboration, the first of its kind in Australia, is said to combine the simplicity of Canva’s drag and drop design interface with Snap Print and Design’s expertise in print and speed of production, to enable individuals and businesses across the country to embrace professionally designed and printed materials.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at [email protected]
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter