Based on an ISO14001 framework, SGP is multi-level environmental management certification system giving participants the choice of four linked achievement levels including ISO14001 (Level 3 SGP) allowing companies to choose their participation and progress levels.
SGP is industry specific and recognises that one size does not fit all. It does much of the work to help participants through industry specific resources which identify:
- Environmental laws companies need to comply with
- Environmental risks associated with the printing industry
- Control measures needed to prevent non-compliance with pollution and other laws
- How to document actions, undertake internal audits and manage a businesses’ environmental system.
Simon Peppercorn, national manager, learning and development at Printing Industries says training was progressively rolling out in all states, with NSW being the first.
He says, “A program of courses has been scheduled beginning with the entry level course, Level 1 and progressing through a stepped program to Level 3 (ISO14001).”
Peppercorn continues, “Printing companies now have a program that is customised for the printing industry and therefore makes achieving ISO14001 or any chosen level significantly simpler and with reduced compliance costs.”
Confirmed Sydney training course dates for 2009 are:
- Level 1 – April 20, May 4 and May 18
- Level 2 – June 1
- Level 3 (ISO14001) June12, July 3 July 24 and August 14
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at [email protected]
Sign up to the Sprinter newsletter